Friday, August 24, 2007

Another WIP finished!

I've created a monster! I made a pair of hand knit socks for my husband and now he expects me to keep making socks for him! That's not SO bad, except that he has big feet and likes them tall. AND he likes colors that seem to suck the life out of me (namely, gray). But he's a good and helpful husband so he gets socks (and other knitted things, which he greatly appreciates and wears with pride). So--I started socks for him using TrekkingXXL using the Fingering Weight Toe-Up Socks With Gusset Heel (pdf) pattern from WendyKnits and knit both socks at the same time on two circular needles. It's been a struggle to get them done. I'd sneak off and start this project or that, avoiding the work that needed to be done. Not sure if it had to do more with the colors or that is wasn't for me (I don't do well with sharing, I guess). :) At long last, they're done! And here they are:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I totally know what you mean about getting them done. I'm doing the exact same pattern from Wendy, two socks at once, and I keep doing other things INSTEAD of them too.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Sara said...

BTW: I LOVE these colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home